The active door of the pair is typically prepped for a locking device, such as a lockset or exit device. The inactive door (or fixed door) is prepped for flush bolts (top and bottom) and includes an astragal, which covers or closes the gap between the edges of the doors. Exit devices or push/pull hardware is required to make both doors active.
- Inactive Door Prepped for Flush Bolts & Lock Strike
- Glass / Louver Inserts to Specification
- Equal and Unequal Pairs Available
Starting at $435
- Double Door Configurations
Active Door w/ Lock + Inactive w/ Flush Bolts
Active Door w/ Rim Exit Device + Inactive w/ Flush Bolts
Both Doors Active w/ Push/Pull Hardware
Both Doors Active w/ Vertical Rod Exit Devices
Both Doors Active w/ Vertical Rod Exit Devices (Less Bottom Rod)
Both Doors Active w/ Rim Exit Devices and Mullion
- Stock Door Specifications
- Heavy Duty; 18 Gauge Cold Rolled Steel
- Polystyrene Core or Honeycomb Core
- Seamless Filled Edges or Lock Seam Edge
- Prime Painted Gray; Two Part Epoxy Factory Applied, Baked On - No Color Finish Options Available
- Can be Prepped for Continuous Hinge Application
- Meets or Exceeds Standards for ANSI 250.4 and ANSI 250.8
- WHI / ITS up to 3 hour Fire Rating, Positive Pressure and “S” Smoke included
- Hurricane Tested Florida Approved FL-13624
Specifications may vary.
- Double Door Hardware
Flush bolts are used to secure the inactive leaf, so the active door can lock into it. Standard, manual flush bolts are installed in the top and bottom edges of the door. When flipped, the top bolt projects into the frame head. The bottom bolt projects into the floor or threshold.
Dust Proof Strike
Strike to receive bottom flush bolt. Typically used when when no threshold is installed, but can be used with threshold by omitting face plate. Spring loaded plunger returns to floor or threshold level anytime flush bolt is retracted, eliminating the need to clean out the bottom strike.
Overlapping Double Door Strike
Overlapping strike for rim exit devices when used with double doors that do not have a mullion between them. Strike is installed on the inactive door of the pair.
- Photos of Double Doors