Pairs of Hollow Metal Doors
Starting at $505
The active door of the pair is typically prepped for a locking device, such as a lockset or exit device. The inactive door (or fixed door) is prepped for flush bolts (top and bottom) and includes an astragal, which covers or closes the gap between the edges of the doors. Exit devices or push/pull hardware is required to make both doors active.
- Heavy Duty 18 Gauge Steel
- Rigid Honeycomb Core or Polystyrene
- Equal and Unequal Pairs Available
Common Double Door Configurations
Active Door w/ Lock + Inactive w/ Flush Bolts and Lock Strike
Active Door w/ Rim Exit Device + Inactive w/ Flush Bolts
Both Doors Active w/ Push/Pull Hardware
Both Doors Active w/ Rim Exit Devices and Removable Mullion
Both Doors Active w/ Surface Vertical Rod Exit Devices
Both Doors Active w/ Surface Vertical Rod Exit Devices (Less Bottom Rod)
Other configurations include:
- Active Door w/ Surface Vertical Rod Exit Device + Inactive w/ Flush Bolts
- Active Door w/ Mortise Exit Device + Inactive w/ Flush Bolts
- Both Doors Active w/ Concealed Vertical Rod Exit Devices
- Heavy Duty, SDI Level 2 - 18 Gauge Steel - (16 Ga. Available)
- Rigid Honeycomb Core or Polystyrene Core
- Standard Widths up to 4'0", Height to 8'0"
- Non-Handed Design; Reversible Hinge Plates
- Full Height, Epoxy Filled Mechanical Interlock Edges
- 14 Gauge Inverted Top and Bottom Channels
- Square Hinge and Lock Edges
- Factory Applied Baked-On Rust Inhibiting Primer (No Special Color Options) - Not intended to be a finish coat. It is recommended that finish paint (top coat) be applied after installation
- Standard Lock Preps Include 161 (cylindrical lock), 86 Edge (mortise lock), Deadbolt, Panic Bar Reinforced
- Meets or Exceeds Standards for ANSI 250.4 and ANSI 250.8
- WHI / ITS up to 3 hour Fire-Rating, Positive Pressure and “S” Smoke included
- Florida Product Approved FL-13884 or FL-14237
Specifications may vary.
Flat Steel Astragal
Flat Astragals are used to close the gap between pairs of out-swing doors (welded-on or screwed-on to surface of active door). Astragal must be notched in field, for lock strike plate on inactive door.
Z Astragal (Wrap-around Astragal)
Z Astragals are used to close the gap between pairs of in-swing doors (welded-on or screwed-on to edge of inactive door). These astragals include cutouts for flush bolts and lock strike.
Meeting Stile Astragals
Brush meeting stile astragals are used to seal the gap between pairs of doors (screwed-on to surface of each door). Typically used on pairs with vertical rod exit devices and/or push/pull setups.
Manual Flush Bolts
Flush bolts are used to secure the inactive leaf, so the active door can lock into it. Standard, manual flush bolts are installed in the top and bottom edges of the door. When flipped, the top bolt projects into the frame head. The bottom bolt projects into the floor or threshold.
Automatic Flush Bolts
Fully automatic – inactive door is latched, bolts are extended when active door closes, door is unlatched, bolts retract when active door is opened. Constant latching – inactive door remains latched until the active door is opened, releasing the automatic bottom bolt and then the top bolt can be manually released. Inactive door will re-latch automatically when closed.
Bar Coordinators & Accessories
Coordinators are designed for use on pairs of doors when one door needs to close before the other. The active door lever, located nearest to the active stop, holds the active door open until the trigger mechanism is released by the closing of the inactive leaf.
Dust Proof Strike
Strike to receive bottom flush bolt. Typically used when when no threshold is installed, but can be used with threshold by omitting face plate. Spring loaded plunger returns to floor or threshold level anytime flush bolt is retracted, eliminating the need to clean out the bottom strike.
Overlapping Double Door Strike
Overlapping strike for rim exit devices when used with double doors that do not have a mullion between them. Strike is installed on the inactive door of the pair.