Double Doors - Hollow Metal Pairs
The active door of the pair is typically prepped for a locking device, such as a lockset or exit device. The inactive door (or fixed door) is prepped for flush bolts (top and bottom) and includes an astragal, which covers or closes the gap between the edges of the doors. Exit devices or push/pull hardware is required to make both doors active.
- Heavy Duty 18-Gauge Steel
- Rigid Honeycomb Core or Polystyrene
- Equal and Unequal Pairs Available
Heavy-duty steel double doors for commercial, industrial and institutional applications
Our stock hollow metal door is an affordable non-handed, square-edge door solution designed to meet your requirements for quality full flush steel doors. These doors are designed to satisfy your requirements for durability, security, aesthetics or fire protection.
- 1-3/4” Thick, non-handed design with reversible hinge plates
- Inverted top and bottom channels for additional stability and protection
- Interlocking seam enhances structural rigidity and durability
- Available with a wide range of glass lites, louvers and hardware preps
- Factory-applied rust-inhibiting primer (no special color options)
- Fire-rated doors up to 3 hours with WHI / ITS mylar label applied (optional)
Heavy Duty, SDI Level 2 – 18-Gauge Steel Face Sheets – (16 Ga. Available)
Rigid Honeycomb Core or Polystyrene Core
Non-Handed Design; Reversible Hinge Plates
Standard Pair Widths up to 8'0", Height to 8'0" (Custom Sizes Available)
Square Hinge and Lock Edges (Beveled Edges Available) – Full Height, Epoxy Filled Mechanical Interlock Edges
Heavy Gauge Door Closer and Hinge Reinforcements
14-Gauge Inverted Top and Bottom Channels, Optional Flush Top Cap
Factory-Applied, Baked-On, Rust Inhibiting Gray Primer (No Special Color Options) – Not intended to be a finish coat. It is recommended that finish paint (topcoat) be applied after installation
|Standard Preps (Active Door)||
161 (cylindrical lock), 86 Edge (mortise lock), Deadbolt, RPD (blank edge, panic reinforced)
|Inactive Door Preps||
Flush Bolts and Lock Strikes
Continuous Hinge Application (Undersized Width), Exit Device Trim, Deadbolts, Lite and Louver Cutouts
Meets or Exceeds Standards for ANSI 250.4 and ANSI 250.8
Optional – WHI / ITS up to 3-hour Fire-Rating, Positive Pressure and “S” Smoke included
|Buy American Act Compliance||
Meets Buy American Act – Made in USA
|Mfg. Hinge/Lock Locations||
Steelcraft, Mesker, Ceco, Curries, Republic, Baron, DKS, Pioneer, Deansteel, Custom Locations
Both Doors Active w/ Surface Vertical Rod Exit Devices (Less Bottom Rod)
Other configurations include:
- Active Door w/ Surface Vertical Rod Exit Device + Inactive w/ Flush Bolts
- Active Door w/ Mortise Exit Device + Inactive w/ Flush Bolts
- Both Doors Active w/ Concealed Vertical Rod Exit Devices
Astragals are used to close the gap between pairs of doors. The astragal seals the opening from weather, light, sound and, in some cases, flames and smoke. Security requirements dictate the appropriate application.
Astragals on fire-rated doors
- Astragals may not be required on double egress or other applications with 90-minute or less ratings. Refer to the door manufacturer’s published listings.
- Astragals must be steel overlapping type. Weatherstripping astragals rated for 3 hours (180 minutes) do not satisfy the astragal requirements for steel fire doors.
- When astragals are used on pairs of doors equipped with fire exit hardware, a coordinator must be used to ensure proper closing and latching sequence.
- An astragal may be used on a pair of doors equipped with a mortise exit device on the active leaf and a vertical rod on the inactive leaf.
- An astragal can not be used on pairs of doors swinging in the same direction equipped with double vertical rods, since the astragal will prevent the operation of one of the door leaves. Since 3 hour (180 minute) rated openings require an astragal, double vertical rod applications can not be used in pairs swinging in the same direction.
- Astragals can be either screw-attached or welded to the appropriate door.
- Astragals are not used on pairs of doors with an open back strike.
Click on images below to enlarge
The 2-piece astragal is an alternate active leaf astragal for out-swinging doors. It allows for using the flushbolt and strike clearance holes on standard inactive leaf and providing an exterior bar type astragal. Shipped loose for field attachment. This astragal can be used on both fire-rated and non-rated doors.
Flush bolts are used to secure the inactive leaf so the active door can lock into it. Standard, manual flush bolts are installed in the top and bottom edges of the door. When flipped, the top bolt projects into the frame head; the bottom bolt projects into the floor or threshold.
Fully automatic – inactive door is latched, bolts are extended when active door closes, door is unlatched, bolts retract when active door is opened. Constant latching – inactive door remains latched until the active door is opened, releasing the automatic bottom bolt and then the top bolt can be manually released. Inactive door will re-latch automatically when closed.
Coordinators are designed for use on pairs of doors when one door needs to close before the other. The active door lever, located nearest to the active stop, holds the active door open until the trigger mechanism is released by the closing of the inactive leaf.
Strike to receive the bottom flush bolt. Typically used when no threshold is installed but can be used with a threshold by omitting faceplate. Spring-loaded plunger returns to floor or threshold level anytime flush bolt is retracted eliminating the need to clean out the bottom strike.
The above double door hardware can be found in our Miscellaneous Hardware category.
Popular Metal Doors
Hollow Metal Door with LouverStarting at: $340
Double Doors - Hollow Metal PairsStarting at: $505
Fire-Rated Metal DoorStarting at: $235
6-Panel Embossed Hollow Metal DoorStarting at: $275
Metal Building DoorsStarting at: $715*
Flush Commercial Hollow Metal DoorsStarting at: $225
Hollow Metal Door with Lite Kit & GlassStarting at: $345